WELCOME!!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fresh Start

Everyone needs a fresh start every so often to re-gain their focus, this is mine! Even though I feel like my fresh start happens more often than should be acceptable I can’t help but re-challenge myself. Maybe this time it should be less about weight loss and more about redirecting my life.

I joined WW on Monday and even though I’m not fully motivated I know that I cannot continue to live like this, literally! I need to get a grip on self control and get to where I can at least feel comfortable being in public. Everything in my life revolves around my weight issue. I feel like I cannot go out to a bar, restaurant, pool, or other public places without wanting to hide. I turn down opportunity after opportunity, even vacation destinations, due to my weight. It is not just my insecurities, but also my physical size.

I am the heaviest I have ever been in my whole life. Not only do my clothes not fit, but I cannot even find my size in plus size stores anymore! This is terrifying. I have seen people that have gained massive amount of weight after not seeing them for a while; they don’t even look like the same person. I am now that person! I don’t want to run into anyone I know because of my appearance.
Life is so important and my son is my life. From here on out I need to make a promise, not just myself but to him as well, that I will take this weight off. Not only will this help my health, but I will be a less distracted, stressed and frustrated Mom and person.

October of 2011 I have a big trip planned to DISNEY! My goal is to be down 96 lbs by then. That is an average of 2lbs a week which is a healthy goal. This may not bring me to my ultimate goal of loosing 212.2lbs, but it will make it so I can ride all of the rides, walk around without laboring, fly comfortably, and maybe even brave a bathing suit.

So here is to a new Start!!

Until next week…

Jamie Lee :0)

1st weigh-in: 357.2 (9/20/10)

2 comments:

  1. Jamie! fresh starts are a great opportunity!!! you have everything to get on, and achieve your goal!!!! there's a lot of people that'll be there-here for you when you feel you can do it... and don't forget this is for you and Jacob...
    Love, Shanti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shanti- I knew when I re-started you would be there for support. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete