WELCOME!!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week 1: Challenges

What a week! If you wanted to try and test your stressors then this would have been the perfect week for you. Not only were we trying to recover from being sick, but my poor little mini broke his arm. This really made me work on one of my greatest challenges- emotional eating. It is habitual for me to stuff all of my feelings down my throat with whatever I can find. When I am tired, frustrated, sad, lonely, you name it, I want to eat everything. Not because I am hungry or bored, but because I am programmed to eat my emotions. One of the most difficult things about trying to re-train myself is resisting the urge to shovel junk.

I found myself sticking to my plan for most of the week until I got to Monday-Oh Monday! After working, finding someone to pick-up my son because his arm was hurting, being sick, and braving an adult WW meeting with an actively talkative 4 year old, my patience were shot. I found myself snacking obsessively until I put myself to bed to end the misery I call MONDAY. That night I cried obsessively, feeling sorry for myself as usual, hoping I had not undone the weight I had taken off the week prior. It’s funny how even when you know the consequences you don’t care about the after math when you are giving into temptation. It is not until you take a step back and realize the only person you are sabotaging is yourself, then you feel like crap!

Anyway, another one of my biggest challenges is not knowing how to LET THINGS GO! I don’t do this, ever! So, I made a promise to myself that even though I used my extra weekly WW points binging on junk, I would get back on and take Tuesday by the throat and show it whose boss. And, I did! I started right back on plan and forgot about the negativity from Monday. I also started riding my stationary bike for some exercise, and when I peeked at the scale I was still down this morning.

My goals this week are to get some sort of exercise daily. I also have a personal goal to clean my HOUSE (Who lives like this!?).

Until next week…

Jamie Lee :0)

Week 1 (9/27/10)

Start Weight 357.2
Weigh-in 353.6
---------------
Loss of: 3.6 lbs

1 comment:

  1. One step at a time, on day at a time... don't presure yourself or look at it at a whole, cuz it can be really overwhelming... Do little things here and there to rebuild yourself however you wanna be... do things that make you happy and it'll help a lot to change what you don't like... you're doing great!!! broken arm is nothing but a challenge and you'll do it amazing... super hug!
    xxx Shanti

    ReplyDelete