WELCOME!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Week 3: Good Loss

Over all my week was successful. I didn’t do much dining out this week which helped eliminate unwanted calories and fat. My advice for people who like to dine out (ME!) is to go online and read the nutrition facts before you go out to a restaurant. You wouldn’t believe some of the calories and fat in even the simplest dishes! I have found that by going on a restaurants website and reading through the options you can weed out a lot of bad decisions that you might have thought were okay. It can also open you up to new options. Maybe you will try something that wouldn’t have normally interested you and it may turn into a new favorite. You can also minimize temptation by just knowing what you’re getting before you walk in the door. It can save you from reading through the menu and debating on unhealthy choices. It is a lot easier to resist something from your computer screen then the inside of a restaurant where the atmosphere and sense of smell take over!

Speaking of smells and temptations… I made 24 vanilla cupcakes that smelled like heaven this weekend. They were for my little mini (Halloween themed) and they were hard to resist, so I didn’t! I decided I wanted one and if I didn’t have at least one I would probably eat them all. So, I added less batter to one of the cupcake wrappers and when it was finished I added about a teaspoon and a half of frosting (opposed to the three tablespoons I used on the others.) Then after dinner I had my mini cupcake and coutned in on my tracker. Oh yeah, then I gave away all of the rest to family, friends, and co-workers so that I wouldn’t have to stare at them for three days!

Even though I resisted temptations, I had a hard time sticking to my personal goals last week. I did clean my house, except my bedroom~~SCARY! However, I did not find a self-soothing exercise. I think that this is an important thing to do so I will leave it on my agenda for this week.

My largest goal this week is to lose 2lbs (1.8lbs at minimum) so that I make it to my 10lb marker. This may sound rather easy, but I am taking a trip to Baltimore and I'm extremely worried about how I will do while I am away. I am staying with a very close friend and will have to eat mostly what they provide for main meals. I will be buying some of my own food and maybe even offering to make dinner one night for everyone. We will go out to eat once or twice, but I have become better at making healthier choices while eating out. I have already called this friend ahead of time and let her know that I am serious about sticking to my plan while at her house and that I want to get exercise while I am there as well. If I wasn’t so close to marker than maybe I wouldn’t be as nervous, but I know that if I don’t hit the 10lbs next week I will be soooo disappointed in myself. Cross your fingers for me please!!

Until Next week…

Jamie Lee :0)


Week 3 (10/11/10)

Weigh-in: 349.0 lbs
----------------------
Loss of: 3 lbs

Total Loss: 8.2 lbs

4 comments:

  1. Baltimore is alot of fun! I will be going there the 21st through the 24th! Lots of walking around if you are in the harbor! Resistance is the hardest thing! So congrats to you for trying. Treat your self every once in a while. If you deprive your self of everything fun, you will rebel and end up binging. I've done it! Have fun and Good luck! xo ~Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great!!! keep going and don't get down if you have slips during your trip... just get back on track as soon as you can.
    Lot of walking, as much as you can, J will enjoy it, and it's gonna be very good (and easier every time) for you!!
    Love, Shanti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy,

    Thanks! I know that it is important not to restrict too much or else you will end up binging. I have done that too many times to count! I am just really bad at getting back on the horse once I have fallen off. The sense of failure usually outweighs my positive self-talk. I am glad that you reading this blog because the night I saw you at the concert I was so excited to see you (after who knows how long,)but I was so ashamed for you to see me like this. I’m glad you are here for support.

    Jamie Lee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shanti,

    Yes, Walking! I think we are going to the Zoo in DC and that will be an all day walking event. There is also a park close by that we can go to. I have been doing about 30minuets a night on my stationary bike so I am nervous about not being able to do that. I suppose when I get back it is what it is, but I will do my best.

    Thanks you, as always, for your support!!

    Jamie Lee :0)

    ReplyDelete